Sunday, January 29, 2017

A Belated Return

Greetings, and a very late new year to you all!

Well, I'm thoroughly glad the shit show that was 2016 is over, and I have the semi-blank slate of a new year to look forward to. The back injury and surgery really ruined 2016 for me, and I accomplished almost nothing professionally or personally because of it. But this year will be different...right?

So what's on the agenda? Well, hobby stuff for sure. There are some projects that have been stewing in my head for far too long, and I'm anxious to get them out, and post on a more regular basis. My very first priority though is a figure that is embarrassingly overdue to the ever-generous Brothers Wier:






In addition, 2017 is the year that I return to writing for money. I really haven't written anything meant for sale in a long time, and I think this is the year to get back to it. I have a rather large project in the works, and I'll be supplementing it with some shorter pieces here and on the fiction blog, so keep your eyes peeled.

I'm really looking forward to making this year a successful return to the things I love, and I want to thank all of the old followers of the blog for sticking around, and extend a very grateful welcome to those who have recently joined.

Thanks all!

10 comments:

  1. Well 2017 has brought at least a brand new reader! I've discovered your blog only some days ago and I have found it amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks! I'm not sure if it's "amazing", but I'm hoping to make it a worthwhile place to visit :)

      Delete
  2. Here's to a successful '17. Welcome back Odie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to have you back! The KD model you build there looks pretty awesome; I cannot wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The KD model got really weird as I was building it. I'm not sure you could really call it a "survivor" anymore...

      Delete
  4. Hey Odie, good to hear things are looking positive for this year, nice looking model fir the weir brothers you have knocked up.. Good luck with the writing for money ..and I look forward to reading any of your new fiction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's been a while since I've last been published, so I'm really looking forward to what is essentially starting my own imprint and self-publishing. I'm looking forward to seeing what you think of the upcoming writing.

      Delete
  5. Great to have you back! I look forward to what 2017 brings. The silhouette of your Kingdom Death conversion looks really promising and interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! "Interesting" is one way to describe what this figure will become by the time I finish with it. It's certainly not what I started out building, but I think it fits in with with the horror/despair side of the KD aesthetic.

      Delete